Wednesday, January 29, 2025

 tonight I made chili from scratch

even the seasoning my own concoction

created through small tastes while it boiled

a pinch 

a flick 

another stir. 

mama brought an apple cake.

we shared with my neighbor who mended my fence after a large limb fell on it

last night I took him and his wife vegetable beef soup

made from the leftover roast, fresh vegetables added in a tomato-based broth.

I finished Lessons in Chemistry. 

I laughed. I cried. 

I have ordered so many cheap large print books. 

It feels amazing to be reading again and enjoying it. 

Even though work will be starting, and I need to be focused on our book group read of the month

I started Station Eleven. 

This will be read seven for 2025. 

who knew I wasn't reading because it hurt to try that hard to see?

tomorrow Mama and I have planned a quilting day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment